23 Mar 2013

Open Water Dive - Ocean Dive 2 - 23/3/13


Dive Site Details
Dive Company: Makin' Bubbles with Al
Location: "The Hole" Cudgen Creek, Kingscliff
Visibility: ~1m
Temp: Surface 26 degC / Bottom 25 degC
Depth: 5m
Bottom Time: 40mins
Pressure Group: Starting B, SI 15mins, Ending L

Description
Same site, Same day, only 15mins interval and no improvement to visibility.

Dive
Cruised through my skills, all done first go. Viz didn't improve but I was mostly in the shallows. Needed a slow descent as had some blocked sinus issues. Instructors words ringing in my ear "Early and often!" I set off with some underwater navigation. Given the visibility I quickly realise the importance of underwater navigation! considering I can barely see my compass, let alone the number on the dial or the North sign! I repeat this skill a number of times as I really want to get it nailed. After the dive I also work on my dive log and calculating my pressure groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment